Virtual Private Networks
If you are looking for a way to protect your company’s sensitive data you need to look into Virtual Private Networks. Ardham Technologies provides VPN service to help your company protect your data online so your company’s business and your job are secure.
What are Virtual Private Networks?
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) allows users to secure access to a private network to share data remotely through public networks. VPN service provides a means of securing your company’s sensitive data when connecting with remote data centers. Ardham Technologies can help your company set up a VPN so you no longer have to worry about unwanted intrusions or people stealing your private data.
How do Virtual Private Networks Work?
VPNs use a combination of connections and encryption protocols to generate virtual P2P (Peer-to-Peer) connections. Once the VPN is created, you can establish one of the secure connections by connecting to the public internet through an ISP (Internet Service Provider), and then initiate a connection to the VPN with the company VPN server using client software. Ardham Technologies provides you with this client software through our VPN service.
Security Features of Virtual Private Networks
VPNs have many different security features, depending on the service you choose. The most common security features and protocols with Virtual Private Networks include:
- IP Security (IPSec): This secures Internet communications and is able to operate in two modes: transport mode and tunneling mode. This can also be used with other protocols to increase the level of security for your VPN.
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/IPSec: For a highly secure VPN, L2TP combined with IPSec is a great protocol for some services. L2TP isn’t able to encrypt data; however it does generate the tunnel while the IPSec encrypts the data, handles channel security and performs data integrity checks.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS): SSL and TLS are protocols that operate using what is known as a “handshake” method. This produces cryptographic parameters for the two systems to exchange encryption keys, authenticate user sessions and most importantly, create a secure connection.
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PTTP): This protocol simply tunnels and encapsulates the data packet. You will need a secondary protocol for encryption purposes.
- Secure Shell (SSH): SSH creates both the VPN tunnel and the encryption to protect it. This protocol also allows users to transfer information unsecured data by routing traffic from remote fileservers through an encrypted channel.
Ardham Technologies in Albuquerque, NM is experienced with each type of protocol and can direct you to the one that will best meet your business needs when choosing your VPN service.
VPN Service in Albuquerque, NM
If you are looking to secure your company’s data online, look into VPN service with Ardham Technologies. Our licensed and experienced technicians can help you gain the security your company needs to protect its sensitive data from unwanted intrusions. Virtual Private Networks work much like a firewall system, only it protects your data online, rather than just on your computer. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business stay secure.